Stuffed with a creamy cheesecake filling and topped with warm strawberry syrup, these Cheesecake Quesadillas are a quick and easy treat for the family!
This recipe all started with a typo. Actually, it wasn’t a typo, I just read it wrong. She wrote one thing, and my brain saw another. Rather than try to explain it to you, I’ll just go grab a screen shot of the conversation that birthed this dessert. 🙂 Hang on, I’ll be right back.
*Wanders through months of old Facebook messages and cracks up at the randomness of conversations and finally finds what she’s looking for*
OK, here you go:
Also, 95% of my conversations with Amy revolve around food. I’m not even kidding.
Anyway, my brain took that idea and ran with it. Why not? A little cinnamon and sugar on the tortillas, a creamy cheesecake filling, and homemade strawberry syrup that’s good enough to eat it off the spoon by itself- suddenly you’ve got a delicious dessert!
Cheesecakeadillas. Or something like that.
- Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 flour tortillas
- sugar and cinnamon
- Optional: whipped cream for topping
- Prepare strawberry syrup and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Butter one side of a tortilla, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Spread half of the cheesecake filling over another tortilla, and then top with the buttered tortilla.
- Place butter side down on a warm pan or griddle and add butter and cinnamon/sugar to the top. Cook until golden brown on the bottom and flip. Cook other side to golden brown, then remove from heat. Repeat to make a second quesadilla.
- Slice into 4ths or 8ths and top with strawberry topping and whipped cream. Serve warm.
Just look at that oozing, creamy cheese filling! Y-U-M. This dessert was husband and children approved. Cheesecake Quesadillas make a very quick and easy dessert when you need to throw something together. Even making your own strawberry syrup only takes an extra 5 minutes. Plus, if you have any extra, it is awesome on pancakes or waffles!