This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Dinner is ready fast with these Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas. Try them Buffalo style or swap in your own favorite flavors!
In our house, the easiest way to get my kids to try new things is to wrap it in a tortilla. One of our favorite meals is Copycat Crunchwraps, but it does take a long time to grill each wrap for dinner. That’s why Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas are such a smart solution for busy weeknights!
This recipe is for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas, but you can easily change up the toppings and sauce to suit your own tastes! Whatever you choose to stuff in your quesadilla, just be sure to make them on the sheet pan so you can cook everything at once. It’s so much easier.
What you’ll need to make Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas (Buffalo style)
- Cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken is a great option, or use a pressure cooker to make quick work of cooking your chicken. I use my Crockpot Express to quickly cook chicken breast.)
- Shredded cheese (shred your own for best results)
- Black beans
- Sauteed onion and peppers
- Ranch dressing and hot sauce (or your favorite Buffalo sauce)
- Large flour tortillas (the bigger the better!)
Start by mixing the sauce into the chicken until it’s evenly coated.
Lay the flour tortillas out on the sheet pan. How many you need will depend on the size of the tortillas. It should be 6 total-one one each of the short sides of the pan, and two on each of the long sides. Then you’ll place one more in the center to fill it out if needed.
Cover the center with shredded cheese.
Top with chicken mixture and beans.
Spread out the peppers and onions evenly across the other filling.
Now here comes the fun part! Fold up the sides of the tortillas that were hanging over the edges until all the filling it covered up. Spray the bottom of another cooking sheet with baking spray and place on top of the folded tortillas to hold them in place while cooking. This will also help them brown up nicely.
Ta Da! You’ve just made a Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadilla! One really big one, at least. 🙂 Top with dressing, sour cream, Buffalo sauce, or whatever sounds good. Add a little cilantro and you’re ready to cut and serve.
How do I store leftover chicken quesadillas?
Since this is a smaller recipe and can be adjusted easily, leftovers aren’t really an issue here. However, if you need to, you can store leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. To reheat, bake for 5-10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. You can also use an Air Fryer to reheat quesadillas.
Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 8 large flour tortilla burrito size
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese for best results, shred your own
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 Tbsp ranch dressing
- 3-4 Tbsp hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 2 cups yellow onion and bell peppers sauteed
- cilantro for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together shredded chicken, ranch dressing, and hot sauce.
- On a 9x13-inch baking sheet lay 6 tortillas out so they are half on and half off the baking sheet. You should have 2 on each long side and 1 on each short side. Place 1 more tortilla in the middle of the baking sheet on top of the other 6.
- Next, layer your cheese, chicken mixture, black beans, and sauteed onions and peppers.
- Place final tortilla on top in the middle of the pan.
- Fold the 6 tortillas over to cover all ingredients and make the top of your quesadilla.
- Spray the bottom of an extra baking sheet with cooking spray and place on top of quesadillas to help hold them in place while cooking.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top of the quesadilla becomes golden brown.
- Top with fresh cilantro and ranch dressing if desired, enjoy!
Don’t forget to pin these for later!
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
This looks like a fun recipe to try! TFS