This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I love cake. I will choose cake over pie any day. But I don’t want to bake an entire cake and then have it sit there staring at me for the rest of week while I try to resist it. Enter the Snickerdoodle Mug Cake!
Mug cakes are all over Pinterest and other social media. I’ve tried a few, with mixed results. The ones with a molten-style center never seem to cook right for me. Let’s be honest, any cake made in the microwave is going to be a bit different than one made in the oven. But this Snickerdoodle Mug Cake was quick to make, had a nice texture and satisfied my cravings for sweets without making me feel too guilty.
I was just talking with a friend about meals that you can make at a hotel. We were kicking around ways to “MacGyver” a meal with things like the coffee maker, microwave, sugar packets and plastic cups. We were just joking around, but you could easily make a mug cake in your hotel room! No need to pay $11 for a package of M&M’s when you can have warm cake. 🙂
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup room temperature milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- cinnamon and sugar mixture for sides and topping I like a lot of cinnamon-adjust to your tastes
- Grease the inside of a 12-14 oz. straight-sided mug with butter and then coat with the cinnamon-sugar mix. (This is not necessary, but I love the sweet "crust" this adds to the cake. I do the same thing when baking banana bread.)
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk or a fork. Make sure it's mixed well!
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the greased and sugared mug and sprinkle generously with more cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Cook for 1½ minutes (90 seconds) in the microwave. Just in case of spillage, you may want to put a plate under the mug. Mine didn't come close to the top of my mug, but I've seen some disasters online, and you might as well be prepared.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then dig in!
If you like this Snickerdoodle Mug Cake, you’ll probably like one of these recipes!
This post originally appeared on The Love Nerds
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Leave a Reply