This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Skip the take-out line and make Crockpot Express Cilantro Lime Rice at home in minutes. The bright flavors pair perfectly with burritos, tacos, beans and more!
I use my Crockpot Express at least once a week. While it’s great for tons of different main dishes (you can see my Crockpot Express main dish recipes here) I use it most often for a quick side dish. This Crockpot Express Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect addition to so many meals!
The ingredients list is short, and if you already have Mexican/Cuban/Latin American food on the menu, you probably have everything you need in your pantry.
What you’ll need to make Crockpot Express Cilantro Lime Rice
- long grain white rice
- vegetable broth
- fresh lime (you need the juice and the zest)
- fresh cilantro
First, rinse the rice. I explain more about why it’s important to do this in my recipe for Crockpot Express White Rice. Basically, washing away some of the extra starch keeps the rice from getting gummy and sticky. It also prevents starchy bubbles from getting up into the lid and making a mess.
After the rice is rinsed, add it to the pot with the water, broth, butter, salt, lime zest and juice. Then close up the pot and let it do its magic!
After the cooking cycle is done and the pressure has released naturally, open it up and fluff with the rice paddle. The next step is to add the punchy flavors!
Squeeze the rest of the lime juice into the rice and gently stir in the chopped cilantro until mixed well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
What to serve with Crockpot Express Cilantro Lime Rice
If you want to avoid using the oven, try Slow Cooker Cuban Pork. The shredded pork is perfect when served on a bed of cilantro lime rice. The recipe also includes pressure cooker directions, so you can make the main dish in one pot and the side in another. You know you probably have more than one Crockpot Express, right? 😉
Other recipe ideas:
- Easy Taco Braid
- Sour Cream Enchiladas
- Crockpot Express Whole Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Pitas
- Carne Asada
Crockpot Express Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lime divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Add the rice, water, broth, 1/2 of the lime juice, butter salt and lime zest to the pot. Stir to mix.
- Close and lock the lid, turning the steam release valve to closed. Press Rice/Risotto and then Start/Stop. (12 minutes on low pressure) Allow a full natural pressure release (about 10 minutes.)
- Remove the lid and fluff with rice paddle. Gently stir in the cilantro and other half of the lime juice.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste.