Enjoy perfectly cooked rice without watching the stove! You can make just a few servings or enough to feed a crowd once you’ve mastered how to make fluffy white rice in the Crockpot Express!
One of the benefits of a multi-cooker, like the Crockpot Express, is being able to combine the function of several different appliances into one. My rice cooker kicked the bucket a few months ago, and I’ve never been able to get stove top rice to cook correctly. It’s probably because I forget to watch it and then it sticks to the pan. 🙂 But now I know how to cook fluffy white rice in the Crockpot Express! It’s so easy and turns out perfect every time.
There’s one very important thing you need to know about making rice in the Crockpot Express. You MUST rinse it first! I don’t mean a casual slosh in some water, but a good, thorough rinsing. Put the rice in a large bowl, then fill it water and gently tip it to allow the water to run out. Continually refill the water until it runs clear.
The purpose of this is to rinse the excess starch off the grains so they won’t stick together. It will also keep it from building up starchy water and bubbles around the lid, which can make the steam release valve sputter.
Fluffy White Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
- Place the rice in a bowl and rinse under cold water until it runs clear.
- Add the washed rice in the pot, then pour in water or broth. Lock the lid, set the steam release valve to closed.
- Press the Rice/Risotto button, then press Start/Stop. (It will default to low pressure and 12 minutes of cook time.)
- When the cooking time is ended, allow a natural pressure release. Rice grains are delicate, which is why it needs to be cooked on low pressure and released naturally.
Once you realize how easy it is to cook rice in the Crockpot Express, you’ll never go back to doing it on the stove or in a rice cooker!
If you’re a beginner to the Crockpot Express, check out my Crockpot Express Cooking Guide and FAQ’s. There’s lots of helpful information to get you started. For more recipes head over to my Crockpot Express Recipes page. Every single one is written specifically for the CPE!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020
- The Best of 2019: Reader Favorites - December 28, 2019