This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Crockpot Express Spaghetti makes a family favorite even easier to get on the table in record time. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and makes for great leftovers, too!
One of the reasons I was excited about getting my Crockpot Express was that I knew it would simplify my life at dinner time. There are plenty of fantastic one pot recipes out there, but sometimes you just want to make old family favorites. Little by little, I’ve been converting my standby recipes into pressure cooker recipes. I was skeptical about pasta dishes in general, and it’s true-the overall cook time isn’t much different. However, Crockpot Express Spaghetti literally takes only 5 minutes to prep and then I can walk away and forget about it until it’s time to eat!
While this was cooking away in the pot, I made garlic bread and salad to go with it. The whole meal was done and on the table in fewer than 30 minutes. The best part? There was only the one pot to clean afterwards, and the pasta water didn’t boil over on the stove (which happens almost every time I cook because I’m too much of a multi-tasker and get distracted.)
You can make Crockpot Express Spaghetti with either ground beef, ground turkey or ground Italian sausage. I prefer sausage for this particular method because it’s not greasy, and it’s full of flavor. Pressure cooking can sometimes produce bland food, so the spices in Italian sausage really help. If you decide to use ground beef, be sure to drain the grease before adding the other ingredients, as well as adding extra seasoning of your own.
Crockpot Express Spaghetti
- 1 pound Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce (add more if you like saucy noodles!)
- 1 jar (24 oz.) water
- Press Brown/Saute and brown the sausage over high heat. (The HEAt display will stay on.) Press Start/Stop when the meat is browned and crumbled.
- Break noodles in half and place over the meat. Alternate the direction of the noodles back and forth in a # pattern. Pour sauce over the noodles, then fill the jar with water and pour that over the top. Be sure the noodles are completely covered. You may need to add a bit more sauce or water (or gently stir things around a bit) to get everything covered up.
- Press Steam and leave timer at 10 minutes, then press Start/Stop. When the cycle finishes and switches to Keep Warm, let it release pressure naturally for 5 minutes. After the clock reads "5" do a quick pressure release.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon to distribute the meat evenly throughout and break up any clumps of noodles. Sauce will thicken up a bit. Serve with garlic bread and salad for a quick meal!
I may never make spaghetti the old way after seeing how easy it is to make Crockpot Express Spaghetti! My husband prefers to have the sauce mixed in with the pasta, rather than on top. Making it in the CPE really infuses all the flavor right into the noodles. Don’t forget to pin this for later!
For other great (and easy) Crockpot Express Recipes, check out this page full of great tips and links to recipes!