This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I bought a large bag of sweet peppers (orange, red and yellow) a couple of weeks ago for my husband to snack on. He had several, but the peppers were starting to go bad before we were going to finish the bag. So I decided to make Chicken Fajita Pitas (you know, like the ones they sell at Jack-in-the-Box, only better) to use them up! This is a quick, colorful meal packed with good-for-you ingredients. It’s also another one that’s friendly to your waistline. 🙂
Chicken Fajita Pitas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- romaine lettuce
- 4 whole wheat pita shells
- cheese (optional)
- Add oil to med/high heat skillet
- Slice chicken and peppers into strips and saute in oil until chicken is done and veggies are soft.
- Add packet seasoning (following package instructions)
- Carefully open pita bread with a serrated knife to stuff with chicken and veggies (or leave the pita whole and just wrap it around the filling like a taco.)
- Line the pita with romaine lettuce and stuff with chicken and pepper mixture. Top with a slice of cheese if you like!
- Makes 4 pitas
If you like Chicken Fajita Pitas, you’ll like these recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Fiesta Soup
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Frajitas are my favourite! These look great Nicole. Thanks for sharing.
Pure Grace Farms says
Thank you for the opportunity to co-host this week at Let’s Get Real! Great recipe for Chicken Fajitas, they look so colorful and enticing! Pinning 🙂
Christina @ Juggling Real Food and Real Life says
This recipe looks perfect for our busy baseball nights. I can easily have everything ready to go in just a few minutes. And……….everything is just more fun in a pita.
Nicole Burkholder says
It really is quick to toss together! The chopping is what takes the most time, I think!
I love those little sweet peppers! Your pitas look great. I’ve got a few packages of pita bread I bought on sale that needs to be used up soon. I know what I’m making now!!! Pinned. Thanks for sharing.
Platter Talk says
Love these gorgeous fajitas! We are putting these on the menu this weekend!!
Nicole Burkholder says
Great! Thanks for stopping by!