This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I bought a large bag of sweet peppers (orange, red and yellow) a couple of weeks ago for my husband to snack on. He had several, but the peppers were starting to go bad before we were going to finish the bag. So I decided to make Chicken Fajita Pitas (you know, like the ones they sell at Jack-in-the-Box, only better) to use them up! This is a quick, colorful meal packed with good-for-you ingredients. It’s also another one that’s friendly to your waistline. 🙂
Chicken Fajita Pitas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 medium boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- romaine lettuce
- 4 whole wheat pita shells
- cheese (optional)
- Add oil to med/high heat skillet
- Slice chicken and peppers into strips and saute in oil until chicken is done and veggies are soft.
- Add packet seasoning (following package instructions)
- Carefully open pita bread with a serrated knife to stuff with chicken and veggies (or leave the pita whole and just wrap it around the filling like a taco.)
- Line the pita with romaine lettuce and stuff with chicken and pepper mixture. Top with a slice of cheese if you like!
- Makes 4 pitas
If you like Chicken Fajita Pitas, you’ll like these recipes: