This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
We don’t watch commercials. Ever. The invention of the DVR has made them obsolete. Our kids are so spoiled! They just say “skip the commercials” and behold, their show is back on again! Do you remember when we had to jump up off the floor and turn the knob so the commercials wouldn’t be so loud? 🙂 Kids these days…. Anyway, I was sitting at my laptop and the TV had been left on earlier, so it was just playing in the background. I don’t know why, but a commercial by Pillsbury caught my attention. I didn’t see it, and I only heard the last 5 seconds or so, but I actually hit REWIND and watched the commercial again! (Another benefit to the DVR.) This recipe for Un-Sloppy Joes is what they were advertising. Actually, they were advertising Grands biscuits, but you get the idea. As luck would have it, I already had the Grands in my refrigerator, and that night’s meal was decided on the spot! So this isn’t technically a Pinterest recipe, but I can just bet that it’s already on there somewhere. I just saw it on TV first. I guess those things still work!
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands flaky layer biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 can Manwich sloppy joe sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese (that was my own addition)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Brown ground beef or turkey and drain.
- Stir in Manwich and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove biscuits from the can and flatten them with your palm. Get them pretty thin so you have room for the filling.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of filling into each biscuit. Top with cheese and fold biscuit over. Use a fork to crimp the edges together .
- Bake until golden brown (just a little longer than the package directions to ensure the middle is done)