These Turkey Treats are perfect for class parties, the kids’ table for Thanksgiving or just as a fun activity to do in the kitchen with your kids!
I swear the months are getting shorter, because it seems like I was JUST writing this post about Pumpkin Spice Snack Mix and talking about fall finally arriving. Now here we are turning our attention to the holiday season! When Thanksgiving rolls around, you’re going to want to make these cute Turkey Treats!
After 5 years of blogging, I’m finally getting better about posting new holidays ideas BEFORE the holiday actually rolls around. You know, so they’re actually useful to my readers. 🙂 Every year I love to scour Pinterest for great recipes and fun activities to do with my kids. I found several really cute “turkey” ideas from the amazing bloggers that create everything you see on Pinterest. It got my creative juices flowing and I came up with these cute little Turkey Treats! My boys gobbled them up (ha ha- see what I did there?) so I’m sure we’ll be making them again for Thanksgiving.
The best part about these Turkey Treats is how easy they are to put together. Your kids can help put them together in minutes! I let Charlie help me with the eyes and the candy corn tail feathers. Older kids can do the dipping or help with making the Rice Krispie Treats before you get started creating the tasty turkeys!
Rice Krispie Treat Turkey Treats
- Rice Krispie Treats cut in rectangles
- Fall sprinkles harvest colors
- Nutter Butter cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil optional
- Frosting just a tiny amount to use as glue
- Candy eyes
- Decorating gel- orange or yellow and red
- Candy Corn
- Begin by making a batch of marshmallow treats. Don’t forget the sprinkles! (1/4 c of butter, 1 pkg (10oz) large marshmallows melted together over low heat and then 6 cups rice cereal stirred in to coat. Press into pan, add sprinkles, cool and cut into bars.)
- In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil for about 30 seconds and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the bottom of a Nutter Butter cookie in chocolate and spread the top with a little frosting. Stick onto a treat bar before the chocolate hardens.
- Using a dab of frosting, “glue” the eyes onto the cookies.
- Pipe orange or yellow beaks and add a small red waddle.
- Dip the tips of candy corn into the frosting and then press into the tops of the bars to create colorful tail feathers.
- Place in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to quickly set the chocolate and frosting.
You can also put these treats on a stick for a cute way to display them or just to keep your fingers clean while munching. Push a straw or craft stick up into the bar and then seal the hole with frosting and a dab of chocolate to keep it in place. Refrigerate to set. Don’t forget to pin these cute Turkey Treats for later!
Looking for more cute Thanksgiving snacks?
This post originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020