This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Take this favorite classic to the next level! Skillet Pigs in a Blanket with chili is the perfect party food.
My husband absolutely LOVES pigs in a blanket. I don’t know why wrapping hot dogs in dough and baking them makes them so much better, but it does. When you add your favorite chili, Skillet Pigs in a Blanket becomes the perfect party food or even family dinner!
To me, Pigs in a Blanket is a fall food. It’s the perfect treat to enjoy while watching football on a crisp autumn night. Chili dogs are always a hit at Halloween parties, and making them in the skillet is an easy way to cook and serve them. Clean up is certainly easier this way!
How to make Skillet Pigs in a Blanket
The super duper really easy version of this meal means you only have 4 ingredients. If you want to use your own homemade chili, that is a great way to make these pigs in a blanket even better! Try this Easy Three Bean Chili. I really do like easy when it comes to appetizers and party food.
- hot dogs (stick with all beef hot dogs for the best flavor and less shrinkage)
- pizza dough (about 14 ounces)
- shredded cheese
Start by rolling out the pizza dough and cutting it into 30 equally sized strips.
Slice the hot dogs in half and then wrap each piece in the pizza dough. Make sure you’re not using bun length hot dogs-they are a bit long for this recipe.
Place each wrapped hot dog (flat side down) in a 12″ or larger oven proof skillet. (It doesn’t need to be a cast iron skillet-just be sure it’s oven safe.) If you aren’t using a well seasoned cast iron skillet, add a little oil or cooking spray to the bottom of the skillet.
Leave a little room around each hot dog, and leave the center open for chili later. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the dough starts to brown.
Remove the skillet from the oven and add chili and cheese to the center. Bake for about 5 more minutes until the chili is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
Pull apart the pigs in a blanket and dip in the chili. Yum!
Here are some other great party appetizers like these Skillet Pigs in a Blanket:
- Crack Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
- Garlic Butter Pizza Monkey Bread
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Crockpot Express Chicken Wings
Skillet Pigs in a Blanket with Chili
- 1 pkg (14 oz) refrigerated pizza dough
- 15 all beef hot dogs (not bun length)
- 2 cups cooked chili
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pizza dough and slice into 30 equally sized strips.
- Cut each hot dog in half and wrap each one in a strip of pizza dough. Place flat side down in a 12" or larger oven proof skillet. (If not using a well-seasoned cast iron skillet, add a little oil or cooking spray to the skillet first.)
- Place the hot dogs around the outside of the skillet and then add a second ring inside. Leave space around each one and leave the center open for chili.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the dough starts to brown. Remove the skillet from the oven and add the chili and cheese to the center. Return to oven.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until chili is warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Pull apart and dip in chili to serve.