This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of LLOYD’S® Barbeque Company, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Football season just started, and with it comes the insatiable desire to SNACK. There are the usual favorites: wings, potato skins, nachos and assorted cold cuts, but I thought it would be fun to think outside the box and change things up a bit. I started with a tub of Lloyd’s BBQ pulled pork and in minutes I was snacking on a plate of delicious Pulled Pork Nachos.
I love this flavor and texture combination! You get sweet from the pineapple, tangy from the sauce on the meat and creamy coleslaw. Follow that up with the crunch from red onions (why do they call them red when CLEARLY they are purple?!?) and tortillas chips and and every bite is a treat!
Usually when I make a large pork roast we will eat it on buns and have a BBQ feast. But this time, I just wanted a snack and didn’t exactly have four hours to wait for my slow cooker to prepare the meat. 🙂 LLOYD’S® Barbeque Tubs from Hormel Foods make it easy to make any night BBQ night! It’s a quick and affordable option for upping your snack game. But DO make sure you take the time to toss together the coleslaw for the top, because that’s what puts these nachos in a class all their own! YUM.
Pulled Pork Nachos
- Lloyd's BBQ pulled pork
- Tortillas chips
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 package of coleslaw mix shredded cabbage and carrots
- 8 oz. can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the nachos:
- Line a baking sheet with chips and top with meat, cheese. Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and chips are crispy and smell AMAZING. Top with onion and prepared coleslaw
- For the coleslaw:
- In a bowl, mix pineapple, vinegar, sugar, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Add in coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
Now all that’s left to do is gobble it all up!
Check out Hormel for more great Easy Recipe Ideas and sign up for the Hormel Newsletter to get recipes and coupons delivered straight to your inbox! You can post your own recipes or ideas on Hormel’s Facebook page. Maybe they will share it and you’ll be FAMOUS. 😉