Celebrate Valentine’s Day (or any cold winter day) with this creamy and delicious Pink Hot Chocolate!
It’s hard to believe that the Christmas decorations have been packed away, the New Year has been rung in and we’re already looking ahead to Valentine’s Day! I’m honestly not in any hurry to rush through the winter, but this Pink Hot Chocolate was just so pretty that I had to share it. 🙂 It’s the perfect sweet treat to make with you own little valentines!
We live in southern California, so the concept of winter, cold weather and cozy warm drinks is novel to us. For some reason, this winter has been a cold one so far! We actually had temperatures dip down right below freezing during the Christmas break. I’m sure those of you living in areas that get snow are rolling your eyes at me right now and thinking, “That’s shorts weather!” Ha! Well for those of us on the coast or down south, we take advantage of any chance to wear boots, turn on the heater and drink hot beverages. 🙂
Start by adding sugar, chocolate, salt, and water to a sauce pan.
Stir on medium heat until melted and combined well and then add in the strawberry milk and vanilla.
Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Add in food coloring and stir well.
Top with whip cream and sprinkles!
This Pink Hot Chocolate recipe is a fun excuse to pull out your holiday sprinkles or candies. Just that little touch on top can make a moment special when you’re sharing it with your kids. I like to look for any opportunity to make a holiday or season special to my kids!
Pink Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces Baker's White Chocolate (one cube is one ounce)
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 cups strawberry milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 drops pink food coloring
- whipped cream for topping
- sprinkles for topping
- Start by adding sugar, chocolate, salt, and water to a sauce pan.
- Stir on medium heat until melted and combined well.
- Add in strawberry milk and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Add in food coloring and stir well.
- Top with whip cream and sprinkles.
Looking for more great ideas just like Pink Hot Chocolate for Valentine’s Day? Check these out:
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Twice Baked Potatoes - January 24, 2020
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020