This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Celebrate winter, Christmas and all things “penguin” with these easy Penguin Nutter Butters! They are an adorable no bake treat perfect for cookie exchanges or fun with the kids.
Does anyone else feel like they blinked and suddenly we’re smack dab in the middle of the holiday season with the end of the year right around the corner? Honestly, though, I’m OK with it. I love the time between October and December. Making little snacks with my kids like these Penguin Nutter Butters helps us create memories that will last. Even if we are also creating messes. 🙂
To make your own cute little penguins, start by gathering your supplies:
- 10 Nutter Butter Cookies
- 12 oz package of Wilton black candy melts
- 12 oz package of bright white candy melts
- 20 small candy eyes
- 30 orange mini M&M’s
- 10 popsicle sticks
You’ll also need some parchment paper to line the cookie sheet. Complete details and directions are in the recipe card below the step by step images.
Separate the cookies gently and place a popsicle stick dipped in candy melts inside
Put them back together and place in the freezer for a few minutes to set
Dip the whole cookie in the candy melts, covering the entire thing. It helps to drag a spoon along the top and bottom to remove any excess candy melt. You don’t want the candy shell to be too thick, and it’s easy to use up all the melts very quickly.
Add eyes, nose, belly and feet while the candy is still soft. It’s much easier to do that using small tweezers like these. They help to keep your fingers out of the melts and it’s so much easier to put things in the right place!
Work quickly so you can attach everything before the candy cools and sets. Leave on a parchment lined tray to set at room temperature.
Penguin Nutter Butters
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the black candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Gently pry apart all 10 Nutter Butter cookies.
- Dip one end of a popsicle stick into the melted chocolate and place on an open Nutter Butter half and replace the top. Gently place the cookie on the lined baking sheet and repeat with all 10 Nutter Butter cookies.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Reheat the black candy melts in the microwave.
- Dip each Nutter Butter in the melted chocolate using a spoon to coat letting the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
- Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Give each penguin 2 small candy eyes, an orange mini M&M nose and a white belly using 1 bright white candy melt.
- Give the Penguin 2 feet using 2 mini orange M&M's at the base.
- Repeat with all Nutter Butters.
Don’t forget to pin these cute Penguin Nutter Butters! And for more cute holiday treats, check out these other posts!