This easy Halloween treat is the perfect combination of salty and sweet! Make a batch of Easy Pretzel Bones for your Halloween party or even a Puppy-themed birthday party.
When I was making Turkey Leg Treats (which turned out adorably, by the way,) it occurred to me that I could make a quick adjustment and end up with some pretty cool Chocolate Covered Pretzel Bones for Halloween!
You can make as many of these as you like, but this particular recipe is for a total of 12 bones. Feel free to double or even triple it for a crowd! One bag of marshmallows and one bag of pretzel rods will make plenty-you’ll just need to double up on candy melts to be sure you have enough for a larger recipe.
Start by breaking pretzel rods in half and dipping one end into vanilla candy melts. Press two mini marshmallows on the end and let the candy set for about 5 minutes. I like to use this disposable candy dipping tube for easy melting and dipping.
Then dip the same end again in the candy melts, covering the marshmallows up completely. Let the candy set again, this time for at least 10 minutes. Then, repeat the same steps again on the other end and be sure to completely cover the pretzel with the second dipping.
I dragged my finger through the chocolate to add some texture to the bones. I think it gives them a “creepy” look that’s perfect for Halloween! If you’re making these as treats for a Puppy themed party, you can skip that step and stick with the smooth finish for the Easy Pretzel Bones.
Easy Pretzel Bones
- 6 pretzel rods (Use rods, not sticks!)
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 1 pkg white candy melts
- Break the pretzel rods in half and melt the candy according to package directions. (I usually do 15-30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring well each time.)
- Dip the smooth end of the pretzel rod and then press two marshmallows onto the end. Repeat until 12 "bones" are dipped. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Dip the pretzels again, covering 2/3 of the rod. Let sit.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the other end of each rod. Place on wax paper until completely set. Do not refrigerate.
Don’t forget to pin these Easy Pretzel Bones for later! For more great treat ideas for Halloween, check out these posts!
This post originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl