I don’t know if this recipe for banana pudding is really “old-fashioned,” but it is the same recipe my husband grew up with, and he’s sorta old, so…. 😉 I made this for our New Year’s Eve party and the bowl was scraped clean when we left after midnight. This is a simple crowd favorite. There’s just something familiar and comforting about the flavors of pudding, bananas and good ol’ Nilla Wafers. (By the way, am I the only one that struggles with the word banana? It always end up as banananana and then I have to go back and eliminate “ana’s” until the squiggly red line goes away.)
Old-fashioned Banana Pudding
- 2 small boxes 3.4 oz French Vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk cold
- 1 can 12 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 0z tub Cool Whip
- 4-6 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- In a bowl, mix pudding, milk and condensed milk well. Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip
- In a trifle bowl (or any deep bowl), layer pudding, bananas and cookies, ending with pudding as the final layer.
- Chill, serve cold.
If you like banana pudding, you’ll LOVE this Banana Pudding Poke Cake I made for Charlie’s first birthday!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019
- Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids - September 26, 2019