Make movie night a delicious one with this easy Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn. It’s ready in minutes and adds a special touch to everyone’s favorite movie snack!
Every summer, our family travels 45 miles to a drive-in theater to see a new family movie. It’s becoming one of our favorite family traditions. However, since it’s a long drive and late night coming home, we stick with in-home movie nights for the rest of the summer. This Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn is an easy way to make those “stay at home” movies a little more special.
We try to keep a list of movies and TV shows that we want to watch together as a family. That way, we don’t spend too long asking the dreaded question, “What do you want to watch?” 🙂 I also try to keep snacks on hand so we don’t have to ask, “What do you want to eat?”
There’s just something FUN about sharing a simple bowl of popcorn with your family. If you want to take the great butter taste of popcorn up another notch, then this recipe for Marshmallow Caramel Corn is for you! Did I mention the whole thing is done in the microwave? EASY!
Start with butter and brown sugar in a microwavable bowl. Heat until melted. You may need to do this in short increments to keep the butter from splattering. Stir as you go.
Then add the marshmallows, and keep heating and stirring until you have a delicious, buttery sauce. Again, heat in short increments.
Lastly, pour that goodness over your popped popcorn and toss gently to coat! The whole recipe for Marshmallow Caramel Corn, including popping the popcorn first can be done in less than 10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy while it’s still warm!
If you like salty and sweet snacks, you’ll also love this Pumpkin Spice Chex Mix!
Marshmallow Caramel Corn
- 2 bags Pop Secret microwave popcorn popped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 20 large marshmallows
- Pop the popcorn according to package instructions, then pour into a large bowl
- In a medium microwavable bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Heat in 30 second increments until melted, stirring frequently.
- Add the marshmallows and continue to microwave in short 30-60 second increments, stirring well to prevent sticking and burning.
- Once it's completely melted and mixed well, pour over popcorn, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
This post was originally sponsored by PopSecret and Lance Crackers.