This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Grilled Banana Roll Ups definitely belong on this handy list of healthy on-the-go snacks. They are perfect for kids and adults, alike!
My boys are ALWAYS hungry. Seriously, it’s like they are never satisfied. When they come home from school, they hang up their backpacks and walk straight over to the pantry to get something to eat.
The WORST, however, is when you’re out running errands and suddenly everyone is starving and on death’s door. The moans and groans coming from the back seat propel any sane person straight to the next drive-thru just to make it stop.
Something about needing sleep or snacks turns children into hangry little beasts. 🙂 This practice is a bit tough on the wallet and pretty terrible for our health, though. Now that I’m a
well-seasoned older more experienced mother, I’ve learned the importance of planning ahead.
Along with this simple recipe for Grilled Banana Roll Ups (with peanut butter) I’ve collected some great ideas for healthy on-the-go snacks for kids (and adults, too!) to help you avoid those hangry moments.
These snacks can be easily tossed in a bag for later or grabbed on the way out the door to eat in the car.
Additional Healthy On-the-go Snacks
- Whole Wheat Banana Muffins from Nap-Time Creations
- Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies from Nums the Word
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites from Simple Life Mom
- Copycat Samoas energy bars from Little Family Adventure
- Chocolate Date Balls from Cake Whiz
- Paleo Nut Energy Bars from Tastes of Lizzy T
- Homemade Microwave Popcorn from Juggling Real Food and Real Life
Grilled Banana Roll Ups
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1 tsp natural peanut butter, 2 tbsp cream cheeseMix together the peanut butter and cream cheese in a small bowl. (Optional: add a little honey and cinnamon)
- 1 whole wheat tortillaSpread mixture over the tortilla, getting as close to the edges as possible.
- 1 medium bananaPlace the banana on one side of the tortilla and roll up.
- Grill seam side down on medium high heat, until the outside is crispy golden-brown and the inside is warm and creamy. Rotate so every side gets crispy.
- Serve whole for on-the-go eating or slice up into little pinwheels for enjoying at home.