“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Honeysuckle White. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
Can you believe it’s already May? I feel like I was just pinning cute Valentine’s Day stuff and now here we are getting ready for the official kick-off to summer: Memorial Day! Our church always has a softball game in the morning and then a big picnic where we play volleyball and then stuff our faces with BBQ and picnic food. 🙂 In anticipation, I came up with these tasty Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Sliders.
I have used ground turkey in recipes for quite a while because it’s a great way to cut calories. But I haven’t used it for actual burgers or sliders because the taste wasn’t ever quite “right.” To help with that, I made a sauce that added an amazing depth of flavor to the turkey and ended up with some sweet little sliders for dinner!
Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
- 1 pound Honeysuckle White ground turkey
- 1 pkg sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1 pineapple cut into rings
- thinly sliced Colby Jack cheese
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- fresh pineapple juice to taste (I used a few tbsps)
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients. You can easily adjust the salt to sweet ratio by changing the soy sauce and sugar amounts. Just taste as you go.
- Pour about half of the sauce over the ground turkey and work it in with your fingers while forming patties. For easy sliders, form a rectangle with the ground turkey and then just slice it into 9 squares. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165° F
- While the meat is cooking, grill the pineapple rings as well. Cut into fourths to serve on top of the slider patties.
- To build the slider, open a Hawaiian roll and add a slider patty. Top with a slice of cheese, a chunk of grilled pineapple and then drizzle with some of the remaining sauce.
The flavor in these sliders is just fantastic. You get a little sweet, a little salty, a little tart and a little smoky from the grill. It’s a great way to kick of the summer BBQ season this Memorial Day! Turkey is a great way to enjoy a burger without the guilt. 🙂 Honeysuckle White works with more than 700 independent farmers to produce these wholesome turkeys raised without growth-promoting antibiotics.
Here’s the part where I’m going to ask you for a favor! I’ve entered my Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Sliders in a contest and I need your vote! The grand prize is $500 towards a set of backyard furniture and if you could see my patio table, you’d know I really need some! 🙂 As a nice bonus, when you vote, you are entered to win an assortment of turkey and sausage, along with other food prep/kitchen goodies! So pretty please, with a cherry on top: will you head over to the contest page and vote for my sliders? The contest runs Monday, May 4th, 2015 – Monday, May 25th, 2015. Feel free to check out some of the other recipes, just don’t vote for any of them. 😉