This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Can you believe it’s already May? I feel like I was just pinning cute Valentine’s Day stuff and now here we are getting ready for the official kick-off to summer: Memorial Day!
Our church always has a softball game in the morning and then a big picnic where we play volleyball and then stuff our faces with BBQ and picnic food. 🙂 In anticipation, I came up with these tasty Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Sliders.
I have used ground turkey in recipes for quite a while because it’s a great way to cut calories. But I haven’t used it for actual burgers or sliders because the taste wasn’t ever quite “right.”
To help with that, I made a sauce that added an amazing depth of flavor to the turkey and ended up with some sweet little sliders for dinner! If you want some variety, add these Cheesy Sliders to the table along with them.
The flavor in these sliders is just fantastic. You get a little sweet, a little salty, a little tart and a little smoky from the grill. It’s a great way to kick of the summer BBQ season this Memorial Day!
Grilled Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pkg sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1 pineapple cut into rings
- thinly sliced Colby Jack cheese
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- fresh pineapple juice to taste (I used a few tbsps)
- 3-4 tbsp soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp ground ginger, fresh pineapple juiceIn a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients. You can easily adjust the salt to sweet ratio by changing the soy sauce and sugar amounts. Just taste as you go.
- 1 pound ground turkeyPour about half of the sauce over the ground turkey and work it in with your fingers while forming patties. For easy sliders, form a rectangle with the ground turkey and then just slice it into 9 squares. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat until internal temperature reaches 165° F
- 1 pkg sweet Hawaiian dinner rolls, 1 pineapple, thinly sliced Colby Jack cheeseWhile the meat is cooking, grill the pineapple rings as well. Cut into fourths to serve on top of the slider patties.
- To build the slider, open a Hawaiian roll and add a slider patty. Top with a slice of cheese, a chunk of grilled pineapple and then drizzle with some of the remaining sauce.
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
I love turkey but have never tried sliders with it
Linda @ With A Blast says
Looks delicious and very worthy of the prize ! Voted – good luck, Nicole !
We love everything in miniature, these look yummy!
Dear Nicole, this year is certainly flying by, but I welcome the warm weather with open arms! Especially after the winter we have had. These turkey slides sound wonderful…a perfect dish to kick off the grilling season. I love the pineapple with the sweet rolls. Sounds wonderful! xo, Catherine
Nicole Burkholder says
Isn’t it? I can’t believe we are heading into summer soon!