The other day, my middle son asked me, “What’s the football team with the upside down “U” on their helmets? They are blue and white.” I told him he was probably talking about Indianapolis. He thought for a minute and then said, “How much LONGER until football is on TV again? I’m starting to forget everything!” 🙂 He and his daddy are two peas in a pod when it comes to sports. These Cheesy Sliders are perfect for watching a football game at home or tailgating. And thankfully, it won’t be much longer until we can start doing just that!
I saw a pin for these, but the link was bad, so the only info I could get was from the brief description: hamburger, sausage and Velveeta. So I took upon myself to solve the mystery of these tasty looking little sliders. Here’s what I came up with tonight:
Day 349: Cheesy Sliders
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 tbsp seasoning salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dozen slider buns dinner rolls, sweet rolls- whatever floats your boat 🙂
- Brown meat and onion in large skillet. Drain. Add cheese and cook on low until melted and mixed together thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Scoop onto rolls and enjoy!
I’ve also added about 4 oz of cream cheese to the mixture for a little extra creaminess and substance. The last time I made them, I left it out and they still tasted great. I personally prefer less sausage and more ground beef or turkey, so adjust to your own taste preferences. It’s easy to change up the flavors by adding BBQ sauce, Sriracha sauce or even a creamy jalapeno sauce on top! Have fun and play around with what sounds good or just eat them as simple cheesy sliders!
If you don’t want to buy Velveeta, you can make it at home instead! It tastes great, melts in creamy deliciousness and is much better for you, too!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup: slow cooker or pressure cooker recipe - January 14, 2020
- Crockpot Express Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans - January 2, 2020
- The Best of 2019: Reader Favorites - December 28, 2019