This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
My middle son is “graduating” from Kindergarten this year. I can’t wait to take his picture with a cute little graduation cap on his head. It seems like yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital!
I can’t imagine how it’s going to feel when my boys graduate from high school! It may be a few years away, but I do plan on remembering this simple idea for a card box on the graduation party table!
This graduation cap card box cost me less than $2 to make and took about 10 minutes to put together.
Graduation Cap Card Box
What you’ll need:
- small bucket or round cardboard craft box (I used an Easter bucket that was on clearance for .09) Score!
- cardboard square (I used a 12″x 12″ piece cut from a science fair display board-because honestly, who’s EVER going to want to look at that again, right?) 🙂
- black spray paint (I used chalkboard paint)
- gold spray paint for accent stripe
- painter’s tape
- hot glue
What to do:
- Spray paint the bucket and cardboard square black. Let dry.
- Tape off a section to paint your accent color. You could do school colors, too!
- After the paint is dry, cut a slit in the middle of the cardboard large enough for cards to fit through.
- Using hot glue, attach the cardboard to the top of the bucket. After the ceremony, attach your grad’s tassel to the card box for a personal touch.
I used a chalk pen and my less-than-stellar chalkboard skills to draw on one side of the bucket. I really wanted to get crazy and doodle all over the bucket, but I restrained myself. 🙂
Send out graduation announcements and be prepared to stuff that Graduation Cap Card Box full of well wishes!
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
What a creative idea any grad would love!
Joanne T Ferguson says
What a great idea and very creative! Thanks for sharing
Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt says
This looks so cute! What a great idea!
Stephanie of The TipToe Fairy says
Oh my gosh, this is so cute! Love this idea! I might have to do this for my daughter in 2 years.
What a great idea!There are so many cards sent this time of year, it’s nice to have a place to keep them all. 🙂
Such a cute idea. I know it is so fun for graduates to get lots of well wishes.
Theresa Sutton says
Love this! It’s so hard to believe that graduation season is almost here!Thanks for sharing this adorable project. I’ve got a ways to go before my LO is old enough for me to do this for her.
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
So cute! I love this idea! Saving it for our next Senior! 🙂
This is so darling ! I love it!
This is so cute! I would have never thought of making a card box that looked like a graduation cap!
These are seriously SO much better than the announcements I had for graduation! Love the box idea, definitely takes the fun up a notch!!!
Just received another graduation announcement in the mail today…definitely want to try this aweosme idea!!
This is so cool for graduations! I love the cards. They are awesome and the card holder is so much fun. I can’t believe kids grow up so quickly. It’s going to be a lot of fun. I hope you post pictures!
Linda @ With A Blast says
This is such a creative idea !
What a great card box! It turned out lovely!
Wm Rench says
So charming it makes me want to go take a class and graduate!
amy @ one artsy mama says
So cute and festive! Love this idea!