This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Folgers. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
I told you I was finally a grown-up! I’ve found a coffee that I can handle drinking. I’ve tried to like coffee since college, but I just can’t handle the bitter aftertaste and the jitters that come with it. However, for some reason, I like ICED coffee. A lot. Probably because it’s full of flavors and sweeteners, but hey- it’s coffee. I’ll take it. 🙂 Now that my palate has accepted coffee as a flavor, I’ve been working it into all sorts of things besides a glass. My latest creation is this No Bake Mocha Pie with three layers of deliciousness.
Folgers just came out with a line of iced coffee flavors that is so cool! They are made with coffee concentrate, sweeteners and then the flavor enhancers (like hazelnut or caramel.) You just fill a cup with ice, add 8 oz. of milk and then two squeezes from the little bottle, stir and you’re ready to go! Honestly, since I’m such a baby, I use just one squeeze in mine. But that’s what’s so cool-you can adjust the flavor and intensity to fit your own tastes! They don’t need to be refrigerated, so you can just toss one in your purse and have a much cheaper option than going to ‘bucks for your daily hit. 🙂
Since Folgers® Iced Café is made with milk, I figured it would be perfect to use in a chocolate pudding pie. And I was not wrong! I just replaced the milk in the recipe with milk that was flavored with Hazelnut Latte and something of beauty was born. 🙂
No Bake Mocha Pie
- 1 pre-made chocolate cookie crust
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 small pkgs 3.4 oz instant dark chocolate pudding mix
- 5-6 squeezes of Folgers® Iced CaféTM I used Hazelnut, but any of them would be good
- 1 8 oz. carton whipped topping, divided
- Mix 3 cups of cold milk with coffee flavoring. (I used a large measuring cup for mine)
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix with the flavored milk and stir to remove lumps. Let sit for 5 minutes or until slightly set.
- Scoop out 1 to 11/2 cups of pudding mixture and spoon into the pie crust. This is the first "dark" layer.
- Fold in HALF of the whipped topping to the remaining pudding mixture and then add it to the pie crust on top of the first layer.
- Let set in the refrigerator for at least an hour and then top with the remaining whipped topping right before serving. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs or chocolate shavings to garnish.
- Serve with a tall glass of Folgers® Iced CaféTM!
Don’t forget to make a nice glass of iced coffee to go with your No Bake Mocha Pie! Every Friday, you can visit Folgers’ Facebook page or Twitter account for a chance to win a prize basket full of goodies and your own set of iced cafe bottles! Look for #FolgersFridays and answer the question in the comments section on their Facebook post, or with a tweet!
I’ll be doing a giveaway of four bottles (Hazelnut Latte, Vanilla Latte, Original and Caramel Macchiato) on my Instagram account so make sure you are following me there and keep your eyes open on Monday, August 10th!