This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Wake up to the aroma of apple pie when you cook this Overnight Apple Oatmeal in the slow cooker all night!
I’ve tried this recipe for Overnight Apple Oatmeal before, but as my Pinterest boards start filling up with apples and other heralds of Fall, I start to crave it again. I took the opportunity to play with the recipe and make a few changes.
Waking up to the aroma of apple pie in the kitchen draws you in for breakfast! I find that if I take the time to eat a hearty breakfast like this, I won’t be digging through the cupboards at 10:00 looking for a snack.
Overnight Apple Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 medium apples peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 cups water or a combination of water and evaporated milk.
- Break up the butter into small pieces and drop it all around the bottom of a slow cooker. While doing this, wipe down the sides of the cooker with a pat of butter to keep from forming a "crust" along the edges.
- Cover butter pats with diced apples.
- Sprinkle cinnamon across the apples
- Pour sugar over the apples and cinnamon
- Cover with two cups of oats
- Gently pour in 4 cups of water
- DO NOT STIR
- Place on low setting and cook overnight, 8-10 hours.
- Serve as is, or pour milk over it, if you like your oats that way!
Supplies for this recipe:
- Pretty purple Crockpot (OK, you can use whatever color you want) 😉
- Slow cooker liners (seriously, make your life easier- you’ll thank me later)
The best thing about a recipe like this is that you can adjust it to fit your personal tastes. If you like your oatmeal a little more runny, just add some milk when you spoon it into your bowl. If you like raisins, toss those in with the apples. If you want it sweeter, add more sugar.
If you prefer to sweeten with honey, leave out the sugar and use that instead. If you like creamy oatmeal, try using half and half in place of some of the water. This is such a healthy alternative to hitting the drive-thru on the way to work or grabbing a pop-tart before school, and it makes several servings, so you have breakfast covered for a few days!
If you want oatmeal a little sooner than overnight, try this delicious Caramel Apple Baked Oatmeal (bakes in 30 minutes) or Microwave Caramel Apple Oatmeal (ready in 2 minutes!)
If you follow me on Instagram, you may recognize the photo above. I’m not sure if I managed to make this look appetizing, but some foods just don’t like to pose for the camera! 🙂
Have you ever tried oatmeal in the crockpot before? What about another kind of breakfast that can be cooked overnight? I’m always looking for new slow cooker recipes! I have a recipe for breakfast burritos that I need to make again! It’s decidedly LESS healthy than the oatmeal, but oh-so-good!
If you like Overnight Apple Oatmeal, you may also like these breakfast treats:
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Leave a Reply