This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I can take absolutely no credit for this ingenious invention. I was searching Pinterest for a new and different pasta salad to take the family BBQ for Labor Day and I found this delicious BLT Pasta Salad over at Baker By Nature. I knew it was exactly what I was looking for! I only made one minor alteration to the original recipe and everyone commented that it was delicious. It’s hard not to like something with bacon!
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 lb bow-tie pasta
- 3/4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 lb thick cut bacon , fried to crispy and cut in strips (don't skimp- you really need the thick stuff!)
- 2 large tomatoes , cut in good-sized chunks
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce (actually the heart), chopped
- 1 small red onion , diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta to al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool
- While water is coming to a boil, fry bacon strips until crispy and then drain on a paper towel
- Put cooled pasta into a large serving bowl
- Mix dressings together in a small bowl and then pour over pasta to coat
- Add bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and salt and pepper and toss well
- Serve immediately or chill (if you are not serving right away, WAIT to add the lettuce so it will stay crispy)
You can easily get all the prepping of the bacon, tomato and lettuce done while you’re waiting for the water to boil. That makes this a quick and relatively easy dish to throw together for your next occasion! I think a sprinkling of Italian blend cheese would have been REALLY good. Sadly, in all the hurry to get out the door to our holiday celebration, I forgot to grab the cheese. Next time! 🙂
If you like bacon, you’ll not only like the BLT Pasta Salad, but you’ll love this sandwich! Better than a BLT-seriously!