This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Tomorrow, the next season of Doctor Who (or series as they call it in the UK) begins. My husband dragged me kicking and screaming into the science fiction fantasy world of Doctor Who. Now, it’s one of my favorite shows.
Occasionally throughout the show, the Doctor will enjoy a “Jammy Dodger” so I thought they would be fun to make for our premier party. 🙂 Now, I know these Strawberry Lemon Butter Cookies I found at Lissiegirl Blogs aren’t REALLY a Jammy Dodger, but they are close enough. And bonus: they’re delicious!
Strawberry Lemon Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or preserves (more/less depending on the size of your cookies)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp milk-adjust to your desired consistency
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add lemon zest and mix until evenly distributed
- Add the flour, one cup at a time until well-mixed
- Place 1" balls of dough on a cookie sheet (mine were probably more like 2") and use your thumb to create a well in each cookie
- Spoon 1/4 tsp of jelly into the well of each cookie
- Bake at 350° degrees for 9-11 minutes, cool on wire rack.
- While cookies are cooling, mix ingredients for the glaze in a bowl to desired consistency and drizzle over cookies.
If you pop one of these babies in your mouth while it’s still warm, I can’t be held responsible for what may happen after that! And because the dough doesn’t have eggs, you can feel free to eat it while you work. 🙂 I may or may not have eaten a few cookies’ worth before they ever hit the oven. So what if they aren’t a formal Jammy Dodger- I think the Doctor would be pleased.