This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This recipe is the third in my Church Cookbooks Series. I altered the recipe a bit to tone down the tartness of the orange juice and play up the Asian flavors. The result was a crispy, tangy, sweet, salty, juicy treat called Orange Chicken.
From Recipes from the Heart, Calvary Baptist Church- Jamia McAfee
- 2 lbs chicken strips (I used boneless chicken breast)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 small bunch green onion, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Dredge chicken strips in egg and Panko crumbs (seasoned with salt and pepper to taste)
- Cook in olive oil until lightly browned and crispy (about 2 minutes on each side)
- Place browned chicken in a 9×13 baking pan, cover with green onions and drizzle with orange juice and soy sauce. (I mixed mine together in a bowl first.) Add sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with white sticky rice and the cooking juices. Yum!