This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This Easy Peppermint Fudge is smooth, not too minty and doesn’t require a candy thermometer to make! It’s sure to be a new holiday favorite!
Of all the Christmas goodies that fill our tables around the holidays, fudge is probably my least favorite. I realize that it may be simply because I haven’t had good fudge. Too often it’s dry and cakey or stuffed full of nuts that I don’t particularly like. This easy peppermint fudge is totally different, though. The sweetened condensed milk keeps it so smooth!
Chocolate is so temperamental, and if you try to rush candy-making, you end up with grainy nastiness. This recipe, however, yields a smooth, creamy fudge with just enough peppermint flavor to make it taste like Christmas. 🙂 The best part about it? You don’t need a candy thermometer!
Easy Peppermint Fudge
- 18 ounces vanilla baking chips (about 1 bag and another cup) Some people call this white chocolate, but actual white chocolate is a horse of a different color. These are vanilla chips, and they sell them with all the chocolate chips in the baking aisle.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz.
- 1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses or crushed peppermint
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Be sure to leave some hanging over the sides for easy removal later
- In a double boiler, place the chips, condensed milk and butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Keep going until you get a nice smooth, thick texture.
- Remove from heat and stir in the extracts.
- Pour into the pan and smooth into the corners. Top with the cut/crushed candy.
- Chill at least 2 hours and then cut into squares and serve!
Check out these other treats featuring Candy Cane Kisses!
This post originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl