This Easy Peppermint Fudge is smooth, not too minty and doesn’t require a candy thermometer to make! It’s sure to be a new holiday favorite!
Of all the Christmas goodies that fill our tables around the holidays, fudge is probably my least favorite. I realize that it may be simply because I haven’t had good fudge. Too often it’s dry and cakey or stuffed full of nuts that I don’t particularly like. This easy peppermint fudge is totally different, though. The sweetened condensed milk keeps it so smooth!
Chocolate is so temperamental, and if you try to rush candy-making, you end up with grainy nastiness. This recipe, however, yields a smooth, creamy fudge with just enough peppermint flavor to make it taste like Christmas. 🙂 The best part about it? You don’t need a candy thermometer!
- 18 ounces vanilla baking chips (about 1 bag and another cup) Some people call this white chocolate, but actual white chocolate is a horse of a different color. These are vanilla chips, and they sell them with all the chocolate chips in the baking aisle.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz.
- 1/4 cup butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses or crushed peppermint
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper or wax paper. Be sure to leave some hanging over the sides for easy removal later
In a double boiler, place the chips, condensed milk and butter and melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Keep going until you get a nice smooth, thick texture.
Remove from heat and stir in the extracts.
Pour into the pan and smooth into the corners. Top with the cut/crushed candy.
Chill at least 2 hours and then cut into squares and serve!
Check out these other treats featuring Candy Cane Kisses!
This post originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl