This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Throw these 3 ingredients into the slow cooker and you’ve got a perfect party food ready to go! Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs are a party favorite.
Uh-oh. I’m already getting to the point where I’m saying, “Wait, did I blog about this already?” I had to scroll through my old posts to see if I’d covered these tasty meatballs already. I can’t wait for payday, so I can go get some ingredients and supplies to make new recipes and projects! Until then, I’m going back over things I’ve made in the past.
I’ve made these meatballs so many times I was sure I had already devoted a day to them! They are so easy, and once again, a great party food. I love anything that cooks in the crock pot, and a recipe with only three ingredients is definitely a keeper!
What you need for Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- Frozen Meatballs
- Heinz Chili Sauce
- Grape Jelly
I use Armour brand meatballs from Winco for only $1.98 per package. They have original and Italian style. The packages are smaller than Jenny-O and way cheaper. You won’t need to use as much jelly and chili sauce either-which I had never heard of before this recipe, but you find it in the sauce aisle by the ketchup and mustard and stuff.
Stir the jelly and chili sauce together (equal parts-adjust to your taste) in the bottom of the crock pot, and then toss in the meatballs. Cook on low for 2-3 hours and serve with toothpicks or over rice or noodles to make a meal. My boys love this dish, and I do too!
If you want to see the shortcut version, check out my Crockpot Express Sweet and Tangy Meatballs. They are done in 5 minutes!
Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
Throw these 3 ingredients into the slow cooker and you've got a perfect party food ready to go!
Servings: 8 people
- 16 oz frozen meatballs or cooked homemade meatballs
- 1/4 cup chili sauce I use Heinz
- 1/4 cup grape jelly
- Place the frozen meatballs in the bottom of the pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chili sauce, grape jelly and water or broth, until most of the chunks are smoothed out and the sauce is easy to pour.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Gently stir so that they are all coated evenly.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Sauce with thicken and get sticky as it cools
- Serve over rice or noodles for a complete meal
- Serve with toothpicks for an easy appetizer
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @simplenseasonal or tag #simplenseasonal!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply