This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Bite through a crunchy chocolate and cream outer layer and you are rewarded with a soft, chewy, slightly cheesecake flavored filling in these Oreo Cheesecake Cookies.
If you’re a cookie lover, the title alone should get your attention. Oreo Cheesecake Cookies? Oh, and there’s chocolate chips, too. These cookies are what dreams are made of, seriously.
I had a little leftover dough so I put it in a mini loaf pan and topped it with the last two Oreo cookies I found and crushed. The result? An AMAZING mini cheesecake with Oreo topping. I may have accidentally stumbled onto something here! 🙂 I didn’t pay attention to bake time, though. I just pulled it out when I started smelling it and checked it with a toothpick. My guess would be 20-25 minutes. Just an idea!
If I’ve got you thinking about cheesecake now, you can always go with these easy no bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecakes!
How to make Oreo Cheesecake Cookies:
Start by creaming the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Be sure the cream cheese is room temperature and don’t over soften the butter!
Add the sugar and vanilla and mix well.
Add the flour, one cup at a time, mixing gently.
Fold in the chocolate chips
Scoop dough, roll into balls and coat thoroughly with crushed Oreos.
Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet and allow to cool before serving.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 6 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups Oreo crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Add sugar and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix on low just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour Oreo crumbles into a bowl. Scoop dough out and roll into roughly 1.5'' balls, then roll in cookie crumbles, coating thoroughly. Be sure to cover the dough balls really well in crumbs, as this is what holds the cookie together while baking.
- Space cookies about 1-2'' apart on sheet. Bake 14-15 minutes and allow to cool on sheet several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
These Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are really rich, so you don’t need too many. At least that’s what I tell myself. 🙂 Pour a tall glass of cold milk and enjoy your sweet treat! Looking for another great Oreo recipe? Try my popular Oreo Brownie Trifle!
Post updated 4/19