Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites are the luxury version of brownies. The crunchy hazelnut candy in the middle of each bite adds decadence that is topped off with homemade caramel icing!
Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites with Caramel Icing
- 1 box (18.5 oz.) brownie mix or homemade recipe of your choosing
- 2 eggs (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 3 Tbsp water (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 24 Ferrero Rocher candies unwrapped
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 325° and spray a 24 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each cup approximately 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a candy into the center of each brownie bite. (The top of the candy will protrude a bit from the brownie.) Cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin then carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
For the Frosting
- To make the frosting, use the paddle attachment on a stand mixer and beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. (A hand mixer will work as well.)
- Add the caramel sauce and blend. Add the confectioners sugar and whip until creamy and smooth.
- Using a pastry or plastic bag with a piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the top of each brownie bite. Chill in the refrigerator to set the frosting a bit before serving.
- The family sized (18.5 oz.) boxed mix is the most commonly found brownie mix, but you will have leftover batter. Either bake the leftover batter in a small pan, or use a smaller box mix. If using a mix smaller than 18.5 oz., be sure to follow the instructions on the box regarding the amount of eggs, oil and water.
- Caramel ice cream topping is a great caramel sauce to use for the frosting. The thicker, the better!
- Make your own dulce de leche to use in the frosting! It's rich and delicious.
- If you don't have a piping bag or tips, just place the frosting in a plastic bag and snip off the corner with scissors. Squeeze the frosting through the corner opening to control the placement and amount used. There should be just enough to cover 24 brownie bites.
Originally posted February 2013; Updated January 2021