This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites are the luxury version of brownies. The crunchy hazelnut candy in the middle of each bite adds decadence that is topped off with homemade caramel icing!
My absolute favorite candy in the whole world is Ferrero Rocher. The thin wafer outside crunches and you get that delicious gooey chocolate inside. Mmmm, they are SO good. When I made a brownie recipe using these as a scrumptious center, I was in love after one bite.
This recipe calls for a brownie box mix. If you can only find the large family size box (18.5 oz) then you’ll have brownie mix left over. I had enough to make an extra mini loaf pan of brownies. Whatever size mix you get, be sure to also have the other ingredients called for on the box (eggs, oil, etc.) You can also use your own favorite homemade brownie recipe!
One way to make this recipe a bit more cost effective is to use another candy like Rolos for some of the brownie bites. The only problem with the Ferrero Rocher candy is that you must mortgage your house and auction off a small child to pay for them. 🙂
So if you want the luxury experience of these brownie bites, but maybe not for all 24 of them, that’s an option. But oh, just look at those beauties. They might just be worth every penny. Start by greasing a mini muffin tin and then pouring the batter in each cup so they are about 3/4 full.
Remove from the oven after baking and immediately press a Ferrero Rocher candy into the center of each bite while the brownies are still warm.
Press them down as far as they will go into each brownie bite. They will stick up and out quite a bit. No worries, though, because you’re going to cover them up with delicious caramel frosting!
While the bites are cooling before being removed from the pan, mix the ingredients for caramel icing. If you want to make your own caramel sauce, I highly recommend trying Crockpot Express Dulce de Leche. It’s made in the pressure cooker and results in a thick and scrumptious caramel.
Place the icing in a piping bag and cover each bite in a swirl of delicious caramel. There is just enough in this recipe to cover 24 bites.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. I’m pretty sure Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites will be in Heaven. They are super rich and decadent, so being a “brownie bite” is just perfect. The caramel flavored icing goes perfectly with the chocolate.
Ferrero Rocher Brownie Bites with Caramel Icing
Brownie Bites get an upgrade with Ferrero Rocher candies and homemade caramel icing!
Servings: 24 bites
- 1 box (18.5 oz.) brownie mix or homemade recipe of your choosing
- 2 eggs (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 3 Tbsp water (if using 18.5oz brownie mix box)
- 24 Ferrero Rocher candies unwrapped
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 Tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Brownies
- Pre-heat oven to 325° and spray a 24 count mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each cup approximately 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a candy into the center of each brownie bite. (The top of the candy will protrude a bit from the brownie.) Cool for 5-10 minutes in the tin then carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
For the Frosting
- To make the frosting, use the paddle attachment on a stand mixer and beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. (A hand mixer will work as well.)
- Add the caramel sauce and blend. Add the confectioners sugar and whip until creamy and smooth.
- Using a pastry or plastic bag with a piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the top of each brownie bite. Chill in the refrigerator to set the frosting a bit before serving.
- The family sized (18.5 oz.) boxed mix is the most commonly found brownie mix, but you will have leftover batter. Either bake the leftover batter in a small pan, or use a smaller box mix. If using a mix smaller than 18.5 oz., be sure to follow the instructions on the box regarding the amount of eggs, oil and water.
- Caramel ice cream topping is a great caramel sauce to use for the frosting. The thicker, the better!
- Make your own dulce de leche to use in the frosting! It's rich and delicious.
- If you don't have a piping bag or tips, just place the frosting in a plastic bag and snip off the corner with scissors. Squeeze the frosting through the corner opening to control the placement and amount used. There should be just enough to cover 24 brownie bites.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @simplenseasonal or tag #simplenseasonal!
Originally posted February 2013; Updated January 2021
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Cindy @ Hun What's for Dinner? says
Holy Heck these look amazing!! I LOVE Ferrero Rochers and get some every year for Christmas. I will have to try these little gems!
Aww… I know my grandmother would have loved these. That was her very favorite candy. We always got it for her on her birthday or Christmas. Yes, expensive! But, I love this recipe!
Nicole Burkholder says
They are my special Christmas candy, too! The thing that takes these over the top is the caramel frosting. Oh. Yum.