A rich chocolate cookie bursting with mint, these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies will be the star of any dessert tray. Just add milk!
I like to bake. I also like to eat. I LOVE to eat chocolate chip cookies. A batch of freshly baked cookies does not last long around our house. Every once in a while I stray from the classic and try something new. I saw a bag of mint chocolate chips in the baking aisle the other day, and I decided it was time to start testing cookie recipes for the upcoming Christmas cookie season! I made these Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies from the recipe on the back of the Hershey’s bag. They were delicious!
The recipe is rather small (it only makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies) but I think that’s on purpose. They are fudgy and the perfect consistency when fresh, but the next day, they started to crumble apart. I brought them to Sunday school the next day and everyone was raving about them, but I personally thought they were much better when fresh from the oven! So stick with a small recipe and eat them up, or serve them on the same day that you bake them.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg (10 oz) mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add slowly to the mixture and beat until well-mixed. Batter with be sticky.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Do not over bake! Cool slightly on the pan and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
Look at those tasty little rows of goodness! It’s tricky to tell when chocolate cookies are finished baking because you can’t use typical maker of “golden brown” to judge if they are done. Just trust the time as correct and let them finish baking on the warm cookie sheet after you pull it out of the oven. If you love dark chocolate, try using dark cocoa powder for extra rich cookies! Don’t forget to pin these chocolate mint chip cookies for later!
I made another chocolate cookie recipe a couple years ago but went an unusual route with the flavors. Sweet and spicy work, believe it or not!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Crockpot Express Cranberry Sauce - October 14, 2019
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019