This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
I originally shared this post over at Love Bakes Good Cakes in January. It was part of a series with an emphasis on eating healthy in 2015. While I have been doing fairly well in that department, I will admit that for the last few weeks I’ve gotten a little lazy about counting calories and getting enough exercise. It happens. It is SO MUCH WORK to stay on top of your eating habits! But I have found my motivation once again (read: my jeans are telling me there’s not as much room in them as there was last month) and these Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wraps are the perfect meal for getting back on track!
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wraps
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco chipotle pepper sauce more if you like it really spicy (or you can use chipotle powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 to mato sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 2-3 leaves romaine lettuce washed
- 1 large tortilla wrap I used a spinach wrap from our grocery store deli
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, cumin, chili powder, chipotle sauce and salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breast with the mixture. I used a small pastry brush to do this.
- On medium/high heat, cook the chicken breast until golden brown on the outside and cooked through. Let rest for a few minutes and then slice into long strips.
- Take the tortilla wrap and line it with the leaves of romaine lettuce. This will keep it from getting soggy if you want to save the wrap for later.
- Place the chicken, cheese, tomato and avocado down the center of the wrap. Roll up like you would a burrito and then slice down the center at an angle. Serve warm or cold. To save, wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate.
Note: Watch your calories! Not all wraps are created equal. I had a nice red one that was tomato and chili, but it was almost 300 calories for the wrap alone! Whole wheat wraps are much lower in calories. I chose the spinach one which was still higher in calorie count, but it was so large that one wrap was enough to feed two people. I figured the calorie count to be around 300 for the wrap, leaving room for a nice fruit salad or baked potato chips on the side.
If you are looking for other healthy food options like this Spicy Chipotle Chicken Wrap, try one of these!
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Peter @ Feed Your Soul Too says
These are totally my flavors. This looks great.