This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This is one of my very favorite Christmas desserts: Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake. It’s creamy, crunchy, rich, smooth and perfect for the holiday season!
Last year, our whole family was invited along to attend my husband’s work party (how cool is it that they included us all?!?) and we were asked to bring food to share. I brought my tried and true appetizer, Warm Swiss Sweet Onion Dip (which you should totally check out after you finish reading this post) and this new dessert.
I discovered two things about Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake that I love: you can make it ahead and check that off your to do list AND this recipe makes two pies! TWO! I brought one to the party and the other one sat in my freezer waiting for Christmas day to roll around.
Be sure to really crush your candy canes up so that you get small chunks in your cheesecake and not huge ones that will hurt your teeth! Our Winco actually sells candy cane “dust” that is perfect for this kind of recipe.
Check out the bulk section in your local store for seasonal goodies like that. The added texture to an otherwise creamy dessert is really a great treat, and the peppermint flavor is perfect for Christmas or even New Year’s Eve.
Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake
- 40 OREO cookies crushed (for an even stronger peppermint flavor, use Peppermint Creme OREOs
- 10 tbsp butter melted
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 can (12 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed candy canes (about 16 candy canes)
- peppermint crunch chocolate candies for topping
- To make the crusts, crush the cookies in a zipped bag or using a food processor. You don't need to remove the cream filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated. Press in two 9 inch pie plates, making sure to get the crust up the sides as well. Place in refrigerator until ready to fill.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, condensed milk and crushed candy canes until well combined. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the filling into the two pie crusts and freeze until solid (at least 4 hours) .
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer, sprinkle with chopped peppermint crunch chocolates and serve immediately.
This post originally appeared on The Love Nerds
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Leave a Reply