This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This delightful cheesecake milkshake resembles an elf with green and red coloring, and a whipped topping hat. Go crazy with one big glass, or divide your Elf Shake into smaller glasses for the family!
What’s Christmas if not a time to indulge a little bit? 🙂 For your next family movie night, watch Elf (my personal favorite) and enjoy a creamy Elf Shake while you watch. My boys love any excuse to put sprinkles on something!
Start by gathering your supplies. I tend to “collect” sprinkles every year when they go on sale after a holiday. You can use anything that looks festive and Elvish. 🙂 (Scroll all the way down for the printable recipe card.)
What you’ll need to make Elf Shakes
- vanilla ice cream
- cream cheese, softened
- vanilla frosting
- red gel food coloring (I like to use these from Wilton because the color quality is better than store brands)
- green gel food coloring
- whipped topping
Add ice cream, cream cheese and milk to a blender and blend until well combined.
Separate mixture into two containers and color with food coloring. You may have to put them back into freezer to firm back up if it gets too melty.
Rim glass(es) with icing. You can roll the icing part in sprinkles now, but I waited so the sprinkles can get into the shake as well. Alternate red and green milkshake into glass(es). Shake and press sprinkles onto sides with the icing, allowing to fall into the shake and brighten it up.
Add a dollop of whipped topping, and try to make it stand up, or swirl, like an elf hat. You can also do this with canned whipped cream, which is easier to pipe into shapes. It doesn’t last as long, though, so wait to do that until you’re ready to enjoy the Elf Shake.
Isn’t that so fun and festive? These would be really fun to make at a Christmas party as well. You could set up a bar with the colored milkshake batter already done and then let your guests put them together any way they’d like!
Just be sure to line the table or counter with wax paper so it’s easy to clean up all those sprinkles.
Christmas Elf Shake
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 tbsp cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2-3 tbsp vanilla frosting
- Red gel food coloring
- Green gel food coloring
- Whipped topping
- Glass es
- Straw s
- Add ice cream, cream cheese and milk to a blender.
- Blend until well combined.
- Separate mixture into two containers.
- Color with food coloring.
- You may have to put back into freezer to firm back up if it gets too melty.
- Rim glass(es) with icing.
- (You can roll the icing part in sprinkles now, but I waited so the sprinkles can get into the shake as well.)
- Alternate red and green milkshake into glass(es).
- Shake and press sprinkles onto sides with the icing, allowing to fall into the shake and brighten it up.
- Add a dollop of whipped topping, and try to make it stand up, or swirl, like an elf hat.
- Add your straw(s)
Looking for a snack to go along with your Christmas Elf Shake? Try these adorable Snowball Elf Cupcakes!
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Yummy…add a shot of Creme de’Menthe to make an adult version!
YUMMY !! TASTED LIKE A SUGAR COOKIE!!
Nicole Burkholder says
Mmmm…that’s a great description!