Creamy Chicken Salad is a delicious lunch option and a great way to use up leftover chicken. Don’t forget all the yummy add-ins!
During our epic day of batch cooking earlier this week, we made several lunch recipes. One of those recipes was this Creamy Chicken Salad. I love this stuff, and when there’s a big bag of it in my fridge just waiting for me, I love it even more! This recipe takes the typical chicken salad ingredients: chicken, mayo, grapes and walnuts and punches it up a notch. Wrap it up with some butter lettuce or stuff a croissant with it-any which way you eat it, you’re going to love it!
The addition of a little honey and the dried cranberries gives this salad a touch of sweetness without taking it over the top. You could just as easily leave them out, but I think you should try it at least once. 😉
Jamie (SIL #2) was the one who found this recipe for us. It’s one of those family/church cookbook/friend of a friend kind or recipes. I can’t tell you where it originated, but I can tell you it’s pretty tasty. I’ll be sharing more recipes from our day of making prep ahead meals as well as the entire shopping list for all the meals we made. For now, consider this a little preview. 😉
Creamy Chicken Salad
- 1 lb. cooked chicken cubed or shredded (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup grapes halved
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup Craisins dried cranberries
- ¾ cup mayonaise
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs ranch dressing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Walnuts optional
- Mix everything together in a large bowl until chicken is evenly coated. Keep refrigerated. Tastes best after a couple hours in the fridge!
If you like this Creamy Chicken Salad, you’ll love these recipes!
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Crockpot Express Cranberry Sauce - October 14, 2019
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019