This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Beat lunchtime boredom with this Chicken Antipasto Salad that’s packed with protein, cheese and flavor-packed veggies or serve it with pizza for an awesome weeknight dinner!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions and text are entirely my own.
When we first moved back to California after getting married, we lived in a tiny little guest house on a friend’s property. Just down the road, there was this little pizza joint called Michael’s Pizza. On the weekends, we would rent a movie from Blockbuster (yes, it was that long ago) and pick up a Hawaiian pizza with mushrooms and an order of Antipasto Salad. It was HUGE! Basically, they used every pizza topping they had in the place and tossed it with fresh romaine lettuce. This Chicken Antipasto Salad is a little homage to that pizza place and our early married life. 😉
In Italian food, antipasto is an appetizer that usually consists of olives, anchovies, cheese and meats. I like the idea of turning it into a salad to keep things a little lighter and get some veggies into my diet. It’s also very versatile. Don’t like anchovies? Leave them out. Love olives? Toss in a variety! Don’t like mozzarella? Wait, what? Who doesn’t like mozzarella?!? Try provolone instead. You get the idea. You do YOU. 😉
I was looking at a bag of Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken that I picked up at Walmart and trying to think of ideas for an easy lunch. It’s a great way to get some protein into a meal while still being convenient. I also grabbed Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas! I decided to try the antipasto salad and instead of a big chunk of garlic bread, I made crispy tortillas strips to top my salad. Yum!
Chicken Antipasto Salad
- 1 head green leafy lettuce, washed and torn into pieces (Romaine or green leaf are the best)
- 1 cup Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salami
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2-1 cup cubed mozzarella
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts from a jar
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
- For the crispy strips:
- 1-2 TortillaLand Flour Tortillas cut into strips
- melted butter with garlic powder for brushing
- Tear or chop the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Add meats, cheese and veggies and then toss with dressing.
- For the tortillas strips:
- Cut raw tortillas into strips and brush with garlic butter. Cook until puffed up and crispy (about 30 seconds on each side.) Cool and then add to salad.
The TortillaLand flour tortillas are raw. It’s actually dough that you’re buying, and then you cook them up in seconds right on your stove top. They are naturally delicious and made of simple ingredients. BUT remember, since they aren’t cooked, you need to look for them in the refrigerated section. I found mine at Wal-Mart near the other fresh Mexican foods like guacamole, cotija cheese and crema. I’ve made my own homemade tortillas before, but this is a perfect combination of freshness and convenience. The hard work is done, and you just finish them off before eating. 🙂
Who needs a boring salad? Make sure to try Wish-Bone Italian Dressing. It’s a bold, full flavored-dressing that is packed full of herbs and seasonings for an extra boost of flavor. Plus, it is gluten free! Try this Chicken Antipasto Salad and let me know what you think!
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
Lisa Cain says
I love the look of this salad. Thanks so much for sharing and creating it!