One of the things Jared has become very good at over the last few years is making breakfast. He can take a bunch of random “breakfasty” foods and put them together into a fantastic meal. I’m more of a cereal for breakfast kind of gal, so when I do make a hot breakfast, it’s not my best work. I’ll admit it, I overcook the eggs often and I HATE to cook bacon. When Jared made these for breakfast the day after we had Carne Asada Street Tacos for dinner, I told him to set some aside because I HAD to get a picture to share with you. These babies were SO good.
- 6 slices of bacon chopped
- 1/4 medium onion diced
- 6 eggs scrambled
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- 6 small corn tortillas taco sized
- pico de gallo for topping
- Chop up the uncooked bacon into small pieces and add to a hot pan with the diced onion. Saute until cooked through and remove from pan. Drain bacon grease.
- Put the bacon and onion back into the pan and add the eggs and cheese. Cook until the eggs reached your desired consistency.
- Scoop egg mixture into the taco shell and top with fresh pico de gallo
Just look at that deliciousness! Soft, cheesy eggs, bacon cooked to perfection, soft and flavorful onions…what’s not to like?!? If you aren’t a big breakfast person, these breakfast tacos just might win you over. And don’t skip the easy pico de gallo topping. It definitely brings all the flavors together and brightens up the whole meal.