Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 1/3 cup 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 packet of taco seasoning OR
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese or Colby jack to cut down the spiciness
- 12 flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Heat cream cheese in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds so it’s soft and easy to stir. Add green salsa, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder and mix well. Add cilantro, green onions, chicken and pepperjack cheese and combine well.
- Place 3 Tablespoons of chicken mixture on the lower third of a tortilla, keeping it about 1/2 inch from the edges. Then roll it up as tight as you can.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Lay all of the taquitos on the baking sheet and make sure they are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.