This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
These cute Peppermint Wonton Kisses are filled with Candy Cane Kisses and are perfect for Christmas cookie exchanges. You only need 4 ingredients!
I was flipping through an old edition of Taste of Home magazine and came across a page I had dog-eared. It was full of easy Christmas cookie recipes that are perfect for gifts, cookie exchanges or parties. That’s where I saw the recipe for Easy Turtle Cookies that I posted last week.
I decided to try the Wonton Kisses for myself, with just a little swap that makes them ideal for the holiday season. Peppermint Wonton Kisses are a fun little package for your party table!
Speaking of the package…do you see a name you might recognize on the back of the Candy Cane Kisses bag? Yep! That’s me! My recipe for Snowball Elf Cupcakes won a contest put on by Hershey a few years ago. Since then, my recipe and name (although the blog name is my old one) have been on the back of the bag. Personally, I think my own photos are much better than theirs, though. 😉
OK, enough bragging. I just had to mention it, though. It’s always a fun treat to check the bags every Christmas to see if they are still there. Now, back to the Wonton Kisses!
You really cannot find an easier recipe for a quick dessert. Peppermint Wonton Kisses only have four ingredients, and that’s including the oil it takes to fry them! I think they would be a fun way to finish off family night with Chinese take out.
Peppermint Wonton Kisses
- 24 Candy Cane Kisses
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Place a kiss on the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten the edges with water (I like to keep a small bowl handy to dip my fingers in as I go.) Fold the opposite corners together over the kiss and pinch the seams together to seal.
- In a skillet or deep fryer, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees. Fry until golden brown (less than 2 minutes) turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and then dust with powdered sugar. For best results, serve right away.
- Only fry a few at a time to keep the pan from overcrowding.
- Be sure the seams are tightly closed so the melting candy stays inside while cooking!
- Use a slotted spoon or "spider" to quickly scoop and turn the cookies while they cook and remove them from the oil.
Pin these easy cookies for later!
This recipe for Peppermint Wonton Kisses originally appeared on Princess Pinky Girl.