This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
This fruity Cheesecake Dip is perfect for Easter. With flavors similar to an Ambrosia or Watergate salad, it’s nostalgic and delicious at the same time. Change up the color to suit any occasion!
Spring always brings a feeling of hope and new beginnings with it. That is certainly the case this spring! Easter celebrations this year are sure to look different than they did in 2020. This fruity and sweet Cheesecake Dip is the perfect dessert for Easter with its pretty pink color and pastel sprinkles!
Steps for making a fruity cheesecake dip:
Cheesecake Dip starts with the basic building blocks of a good cheesecake: cream cheese and sour cream. Then you sweeten it up a bit with some powdered sugar.
Blend it all together until smooth. It’s important to let your cream cheese come to room temperature so you don’t get clumps in the mixture. If you’re a big fan of cheesecake, you can double up the base and use half of it (before adding the canned fruits) to stuff strawberries! Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries are one of my favorite snacks!
Now comes the “fruity” part of this dip. Blend in the drained pineapples, cherries and then add the mandarin oranges. I love those bright little bursts of orange flavor.
These canned fruits are where I think the Ambrosia Salad flavors come into play. I know we always had some kind of fluffy “salad” on the table at our church potlucks.
The next step is where you add color and the rest of the sweetness needed for a great cheesecake dip. For Easter, a bright pink color is perfect. You’ll see how it mellows out to a pretty pastel pink after blending.
Do I have to use candy melts?
While they add a fun punch of color and some sweetness, candy melts aren’t a requirement. If the dip isn’t sweet enough without the candy, add a little more powdered sugar until you get what you’re looking for.
But I think you really should use color! That’s what makes this more than just a regular old fruit dip. You can use any color candy melt for this! Try red or blue for the 4th of July, green for St. Patrick’s Day or Christmas and orange for Halloween!
Top with sprinkles that match and you’ve got a perfect holiday dessert. I like to use different holiday sprinkles from Wilton. They hold up well and have lots of variety.
Serve this Fruity Cheesecake Dip with wafer cookies, graham crackers, strawberries or anything else that goes well with cheesecake. It’s sure to be popular on the party dessert table!
Fruity Cheesecake Dip
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- ½ cup mandarin oranges
- ½ cup maraschino cherries
- 1 cup bright pink candy melts
- spring themed sprinkles optional
- assorted cookies and/or fruit to serve
- In a bowl, combine pineapple and cherries.
- Mash into smaller pieces using the back of a fork. Drain again.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sugar.
- Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add mashed pineapple and cherries.
- Beat again until well incorporated.
- Add mandarins and beat until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator while you melt the candy melts.
- Melt the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave at 10-20 second intervals until melted, stirring each time.
- Set aside for a minute to cool down.
- Take dip out of the refrigerator and add the melted candy melts.
- Beat until combined.
- Place back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, then top with themed sprinkles and serve with your favorite cookies or fruit.
Looking for more ideas for Easter? Check out my other Easter recipes and ideas here.
- Crockpot Express Apricot Chicken - May 15, 2023
- Sweet and Spicy Carrots - May 4, 2023
- Biscoff Cake Recipe - May 2, 2023
Leave a Reply