Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Brighten your table with holiday colors when you serve Southwestern Stuffed Peppers! It's the perfect comfort food for chilly winter nights.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 8 large bell peppers red and green
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet
- 1 bag Minute® Multi-Grain Medley makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can corn
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used pepper jack
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut off tops of peppers and clean out the seeds and ribs. Boil peppers for 5-7 minutes and then turn upside down onto a paper towel to drain.
Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
While the peppers are boiling, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.
Add taco seasoning, corn, tomatoes and cooked rice to the meat mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon mixture into the peppers and place in a 9x13 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how soft you like your peppers. Pull out and add shredded cheese to the top of each pepper and return to oven for 5 minutes.
Serve with sour cream and salsa.