This Mint Oreo Shake was born out of necessity and invention. 🙂 I was going to participate in a series of posts for St. Patrick’s Day with other bloggers. The only thing I had that fit the theme (I’m not really a fan of Irish food in general) was a copy cat Shamrock Shake that I made last year. It’s tasty and a fun green color, but this roundup was supposed to be new posts only. So I thought I would just add some Mint Oreos for extra deliciousness. I don’t know why I didn’t think about the fact that Oreos would color the shake an odd, grayish-brown color. Duh. Adding green coloring just made it worse. It tasted great, but it looked awful. So I bowed out of the group post and came up with something on my own. It’s not a St. Patrick’s Day recipe anymore, but it is perfect for Spring! Besides, as I’ve said so many times before, if it’s got Oreos in it, it’s gonna be good. 🙂
Mint Oreo Shake
- 4 ounces milk
- 2 tbsp chocolate powder (like Nesquick) or syrup
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream , softened
- 4 Mint Oreo cookies , broken in pieces
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract (you can eliminate this if you don't want a minty flavor)
- Whipped cream , optional
- Put milk and chocolate in the blender and "pulse" a few times to mix.
- Add ice cream, cookies and extract.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!