- 1 12 ounce package dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 3 3/4 cups chopped large green and/or red sweet peppers (3 large)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onions (3 medium)
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 116 ounce can refried beans
- 1/21 1/4 ounce package taco seasoning mix (3 tablespoons)
- 210 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style four-cheese blend (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups nacho-flavor tortilla chips, crushed
- Sour cream
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
2.In large skillet cook sweet peppers, red onions, and jalapeno pepper in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, taco seasoning mix, 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce, and the salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the green onions.
3.Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Spoon chicken mixture into cooked shells. Arrange filled shells in the baking dish. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
4.Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips and remaining green onions. Serve with sour cream.