This really is a very simple recipe to make. First, you make the gingerbread cake according to the box instructions (it’s just an 8×8 recipe) and let it cool. Once it’s completely cooled, crumble half of it in the bottom of the trifle bowl. I used a small spatula to break up the pieces into small, crumbly chunks.
|Hahaha!!! This picture looks like ground beef, butter and mayonnaise! It’s more festive after adding the raspberries!|
It tastes better than it looks, trust me! 🙂
gingersnap cookie crumbs (optional)
1. Prepare gingerbread cake mix and bake according to package directions (any size pan). Cool completely.
2. Place the pudding mix in a large bowl. Pour in the eggnog and whisk for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate pudding until the gingerbread cake is cool and you are ready to assemble the trifle.
3. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in sugar and vanilla until peaks form.
4. Crumble 1/2 of the gingerbread into the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl. Spread 1/2 of the eggnog pudding over the gingerbread, then spread 1/2 of the whipped cream on top of the pudding. Repeat the layers with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
5. Sprinkle the top with the raspberries and cookie crumbs before serving. Makes around 10 cups of dessert so make sure your trifle bowl can hold that much.
Latest posts by Nicole Burkholder (see all)
- Crockpot Express Cranberry Sauce - October 14, 2019
- How to Cook a Turkey FAST: 90 minute turkey recipe - October 8, 2019
- Crockpot Express Pumpkin Pie Bites - October 1, 2019