This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Well, my second year of posts isn’t off to a great start. I’m posting this from my phone because I can’t get WordPress to open on my computer. I think I broke WordPress. Sorry!
I love crab cakes. Actually, I love crab anything. Wontons. Pasta. Salad. Yum. But it’s pretty pricey to get it fresh. The imitation stuff is good, but nothing beats the real thing. This unique recipe for crab cake quesadillas is perfect because it uses canned crab. Cheap but still tasty 🙂
Tragically, I missed an ingredient while I was grocery shopping, so I wasn’t able to try the red pepper aioli. I’m sure it would just send these right over the top!
Crab Cake Quesadillas
From Lemon Tree Dwelling
6 flour tortillas
2 (6oz) cans crab meat
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 jalapeño, minced
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
1 tsp Old bay seasoning
2-3 Monterey Jack cheese
1. Mix crab, peppers, cilantro and seasoning together in a small bowl
2. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Place one tortilla in heated oil, top with 1/3 cheese and 1 cup of seafood mixture.
3. Once cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown, place another tortilla on top and flip the quesadilla to brown the other side.
Red Pepper Aioli
1/2 c mayo
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1/4 c jarred roasted bell peppers
1 garlic clove, minced
Squirt of lemon or lime juice to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
Linking up with:
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes - March 21, 2023
- Lemon Bundt Cake with Berries and Cream - March 3, 2023
- Crockpot Express Glazed Carrots - February 24, 2023
What a great combination, never thought to use crab, such a great idea! Thanks for coming by and partying with us at Fluster Buster’s Creative Muster.
Robin @ Fluster Buster
I am co-hosting this week on the Fluster’s Creative Muster Party. Thanks for sharing your creations with us! I hope you found inspiration in all of the terrific posts.
I host a (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop and a TGIF Link Party at my place — A Peek Into My Paradise… http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ I would love for you to link up and follow if you like what you see. =) I follow back – I love making new friends!
I can’t wait to see what you link up next week!
Judith Loza says